Equipment records allow you to record the details of products that your customers have, either under a service Contract with you, or on lease.
Equipment Items are created from a Division and can then be linked to a Contract within the CRM.
Step 1: Go to a Division
To create an Equipment Item, navigate to a Division and click on the plus icon in the top right-hand corner. From here, you can select the 'Equipment' option from the drop-down.
Step 2: Add Equipment Information
You'll then be able to start filling out information about your new Equipment Item.
- Description: This should describe the Equipment Item that the customer has from your business. For example, 'Premium Alarm System Model'.
- Type: Equipment Type is used to categorise your equipment based on your own requirements. For example, 'Alarm Systems'.
- Status: The status of Equipment Items can be customised to your processes and terminology such as; 'Active', ''Returned' or 'Written off'.
- Serial Number: If your Equipment Item has a Serial Number, you can record this here. You can also search by this Serial Number within the main global search.
- Version Number: Some products may have different versions, so being able to record its Version Number can be helpful to CRM users.
- Product: If the product exists within your CRM, you can search for its product record by clicking on the pencil icon, linking the two together.
- Manufacturer: If the product is not made by your business, you may wish to record the ,anufacturer of the product.
- Manufacturer Reference: Sometimes the ,anufacturer will give you a reference, especially if the product still has manufacturer warranty.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Equipment records are often covered by a service contract. However, depending on how new the equipment item is, it could be covered by the manufacturer. This date selector allows you to select the 'Manufacturer Warranty' date for this cover.
- Contract Reference: If there's a Contract in place, it can be helpful to record the Contract Reference for this Equipment Item.
- Commissioned: It can be useful to record the date the Equipment Item was installed and commissioned, especially if maintenance needs to be performed after a particular period of time.
- Decommissioned: Finally, you can set a decommission date if the equipment item needs to be decommissioned on a certain date. If you're unaware of a decommission date, leave this as not set and input a date if the equipment is ever written off in the future.
Step 3: Create your Equipment Item
Once happy with the information entered, click 'Create' and your new Equipment Item will be created. You'll then be able to fill out additional information about your new Equipment Item, such as the Main Contact and Support Contact on the Details page.