Document Templates help ensure all messages being sent to your customers are on-brand, whilst also saving CRM users time and effort. This particular article will focus on how to upload Word Documents to be used as Document Templates within the CRM.
- You'll need CRM Admin rights in order to follow the steps in this article
Step 1: Go to Settings Centre
To add a new Document Template and upload your Word Document, click on the cog icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
Step 2: Navigate to Emails & Documents in Settings
Once within the Settings Centre, navigate to the Emails & Documents page and scroll down until you reach the Document Templates configure option.
By clicking on the 'Click to Configure' link, the Configure Document Templates window will open. To add in a new Document Template, simply click on the plus icon along the top of the screen.
Step 3: Add Information to Relevant Fields
You'll then be asked to fill out various bits of information about the new Email Template.
- Description: This will be the name of the Email Template that appears in the Template drop-down, so make sure this is relevant to all CRM users.
- Type: You have 3 types of Document Templates; Email, Excel and Word. For this example, we would select Word.
- Extended Description: If required, you can provide a more detailed Description of when this Document Template would be used.
- Where are you going to use this?: Please select the CRM record Type that you wish to create and use this Template against.
- Quick Create: Quick create allows users to quickly generate a new Word document or email using your Document Templates within the CRM. Quick Create should be configured for Document Templates that are regularly used, such as your Quote document template. Check out our article here all about Quick Create!
Step 4: Configure your Template
Once happy with the information entered, click 'Create'. Your new Template will then appear in the Configure list. To start editing this Template, click on the pencil icon and the below side panel will appear. Simply drag and drop the Word Document that you wish to upload from your file browser or desktop within the preview square, located at the top of the side panel.
Step 5: Select 'Edit' to Complete the Template
Once the Word Document has finished uploading, click the 'Edit' button just below the preview square and the Document Template will be opened in Word for you to continue editing.
Make sure you save your changes by clicking the save icon within Word.
HINT: You can copy and paste the required search and replace fields from our email template configurator. If you require assistance with search and replace fields, please contact our Customer Services who will be more than happy to help. Search and replace fields automatically pull through information from the CRM when the template is used e.g. the customer's name. Therefore, we'd recommend using these to help save your CRM users time inputting this information manually.