Opportunities and Problems in the CRM have particular Statuses which can be selected to help track their progress. The Statuses can be amended to best fit your business processes.
- You'll need CRM Admin rights in order to follow the steps in this article
Step 1: Open an Opportunity or Problem
To change a Status simply open an Opportunity or Problem then select 'Configure' from the drop-down list.
Step 2: Create a New Status
This will then open a new window which will list all of the current Statuses. To create a new Status, select the plus icon in the top right-hand corner.
You can then add a Description which will then appear within the drop-down menu, and press 'Create' when you're happy to proceed.
Step 3: Additional Options
Once the Status has been created, there are a couple of additional options which need to be selected. These are the 'Recall Required', 'Dead Flag', 'Edited Allowed' and 'Obsolete'.
- Recall Required: This should be used if you want to force the CRM user to Recall this record to themselves or another user when the chosen Status is selected.
- Dead Flag: This should be used if the chosen Status is going to be the final Status of the process flow. This will then prompt the CRM user that a Recall isn't required and advise them to clear it. This avoids records building up on a user's Task List when no further action is required from them.
- Edited Allowed: This should be used if you want CRM users to be able to alter the record and move it into another Status.
- Obsolete: If a Status is marked as 'Obsolete', it will no longer appear in the drop-down menu as it's no longer in use.
Step 4: Add Status Details
There's also the option to add a more detailed description to a Status, which is useful for Statuses such as 'Won' or 'Lost' where you may want to know why that was the outcome e.g. 'Lost to competitor' or 'Lost on price' etc.
To create an additional description, click on the plus icon, then follow the same process outlined above to add a new Description.