- You'll need CRM Admin rights in order configure document templates within the CRM
Step 1: Go to the Settings Centre
To edit your Email Templates, click on the settings icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
Step 2: Go to Emails & Documents
Once within the Settings Centre, navigate to the Emails & Documents section and scroll down until you reach the Document Templates configure option, and select 'Click to Configure'.
Step 3: Create New Email Template
To create a new email template click on the plus icon in the top-right hand corner.
You'll then be asked to fill out some information about the new email template.
- Description: This will be the name of the email template that appears in the template drop-down, so make sure this is relevant to all CRM users.
- Type: You have 3 types of document templates; email, Excel and Word. For this example, we'd select email.
- Extended Description: If required, you can provide a more detailed description of when this document template would be used.
- Where are you going to use this?: Please select the CRM record type that you wish to create and use this template against.
Once happy with the information entered click 'Create'. Your new template will then appear in the Configure list.
Step 4: Edit the Email Template
To start editing this template, click on the pencil icon. You'll then be able to start typing out the email body. We'd recommend using the search and replace fields where possible to help save time. On the right-hand side, you have a tree like view of all the possible search and replace fields, linking to the record type that this template will be used against.
Once you're happy with your new email template, click 'Save'.
For more information on how to use this email template take a look at our article here.