Step 1: Open Record
You can add a document to a Division, Contact, Opportunity, Problem or Quote record. Once you've opened the required record, you can either create a new document by using the quick add option or from the Documents page.
Step 2: Using Quick Add or Documents
To use the quick add option, click the plus icon at the top of the record and select the Document option.
To create a document, go to the Documents page on the left-hand side, then click the plus icon in the top-right hand corner.
Both of these options will give you the below new record window.
- Use Template: This option enables you to choose and create one of your standard document Word or Excel templates.
- Upload Files: Using this option you'll be able to select a file to save into the CRM from your file browser.
- External Link: This option will allow you to save a URL as a document, e.g. a link to a SharePoint document.
- Send an Email: If you choose this option, it'll open the new email creation window, where you can choose to compose a personalised email or use a standard email template.
- Upload a Photo: If you're using a mobile device then this option will use your phone's camera to take a photo and save it against the record you have open.
- Drag Files Here: Here, you can drag and drop a file from your desktop or file browser to upload to the CRM. By default, it'll take the file name as the document description.