An Individual Contact should be used when creating a B2C Contact within your CRM (someone who doesn't work for a business). Before creating any new records within the CRM, always use the Global Search to ensure you're not creating any duplicate records.
Step 1: Use Global Add
To create an Individual Contact, click on the global add button in the top right-hand corner and select 'Individual'.
You'll then be presented with the Individual Contact screen. Here, you can fill out relevant information about the new Contact.
- Email: By typing in the Contact's email address, the social searching will try to obtain information about that Contact across various social media platforms to auto-fill the rest of the fields if possible.
- Company Name: This will be the business' parent Company name, which will likely be the same as the Division name.
- Contact Information (Title, Name, Preferred Name & Salutation): If you're unsure of this information then you should try to obtain this once created, but as a minimum, you need to input the Contact's surname.
- Role: Use the drop-down to show what this person does at the company.
- Job Title: This is a free text field allowing you to record their exact job title. You can usually find this on LinkedIn or in their email signature.
- Mobile: You can record the customer's mobile number if you'd like to.
- Account Manager: The Account Manager will be the person at your business who'll be managing this Contact.
- Sales Ledger: If they'll be purchasing products/services from your business, you may wish to set them up with a Sales Ledger, but please note this may just be a cash ledger.
- Currency: Please select the appropriate currency for this Contact if required.
Step 2: Add an Address
Finally, you can then click 'Add Address' at the bottom of the screen, where you can use the postcode look up to record the Contact's address.
Once happy with all the information recorded, click 'Confirm' and your new
Contact will be added to the CRM!